Transportation of personal belongings from Ukraine to Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany, Sweden, France, Hungary, Greece, Cyprus and other EU countries - this is a fairly popular service. It is explained by the fact that every year more and more of our fellow citizens enter into long-term work contracts with foreign companies, go to study at European universities and colleges, move for permanent residence, and acquire real estate in Europe. At the same time, many people want to transport their property. Moving is always a very responsible process that takes a lot of effort, time and nerves, and moving abroad is even more responsibility, as it has its own peculiarities.
How to prepare for moving to a European country
According to experts, preparations for the transportation of personal belongings to one of the EU countries should begin with the preparation of a package of documents, which includes:
- Copies of the lease or purchase of real estate, registration, permanent residence or residence permit card, employment contract and others confirming the right not to move;
- Copies of passports (foreign and Ukrainian);
- The list of transported things - must be drawn up in 2 languages (Ukrainian and the country of arrival);
- A notarized power of attorney from the owner of the things to the broker and the driver of the vehicle.
In some cases, the list of documents can be supplemented by the owner's receipt that the property will be delivered to customs, indicating its address.
The next step is choosing the right vehicle. Here you need to take into account many factors, ranging from the total number of things and their volume, and ending with the timing of the move. The choice of the method of transportation of things also depends on this. Most often, for the delivery of personal property to European countries, they use automotive or rail freight. Such options are more suitable for states located on the mainland of Europe. If the move is to island states or to countries with access to the sea, then you can use sea freight. In cases where the transportation of things must be carried out urgently, the best solution would be air delivery.
Each of the above options has its pros and cons. For example, the transportation of things by water, rail and air transport involves subsequent reloading onto a truck and delivery to the final address. When choosing cargo transportation by road, the service can be provided on a turnkey basis, according to the “door-to-door” scheme.
Another important point is the proper packing of things, as well as disassembling large-sized furniture and household appliances (if possible). If transportation will be carried out by rail or by sea, then all property must be packed in a container.
To whom to entrust the transportation of personal belongings
You can deliver property to a new address in the EU countries by hiring a private carrier or by contacting a specialized company. According to the same experts, the second option is more preferable. This is due to the following factors:
- Extensive experience in organizing international cargo transportation;
- Possession of the latest information about all changes in the legislation of various countries related to transport services;
- An integrated approach to organizing the moving process;
- A large list of additional services that simplify the preparation of the necessary documentation and cargo delivery;
- Transparent and understandable pricing policy.
In addition, the logisticians of such companies will always assist in choosing the best delivery method and select the most suitable car for moving to Europe. This is achieved through the presence of its own fleet, as well as partnerships with other domestic and foreign transport companies. All this makes it possible to carry out the process of moving to Germany, France, Denmark, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Poland, the Czech Republic and other EU countries at the lowest cost, in optimal time, without unnecessary nerves, and with a guarantee of the safety and integrity of the transported property.