Features of transportation of oversized cargo
To properly organize the delivery of oversized or heavy cargo, it is necessary to take into account a number of important factors.
- Technical characteristics of the rolling stock.
- The presence of restrictions and throughput capacity of transport routes. For example, for road freight transportation, this is the condition of the road surface and the maximum allowable loads on certain sections of the road, and so on.
- Overall dimensions and carrying capacity of bridges.
- Tunnel sizes.
- The presence of high-voltage power lines and communications, railway crossings, gas mains.
Rules for the transportation of oversized cargo
Domestic and international transportation of oversized cargo can be carried out by different modes of transport - rail, road, air and water.
At the same time, the definition for such cargo and the list of basic requirements for its transportation may differ. But all this is aimed at ensuring the safety of the process and the preservation of the transported products. Consider the basic rules for transporting oversized vehicles by road:
- The load must not violate the stability of the vehicle;
- Do not block the driver's view;
- Be safe for others and not create emergency situations;
- Do not violate the integrity of asphalt or other road surface;
- Keep for the second road users, markings and road signs.
- Do not create noise in the process of movement;
- Keep headlights, running and marker lights, license plates;
- It must be appropriately marked, and when transported at night, it must be equipped with special bright-colored elements (white and red).
In addition, there are a number of requirements for weather conditions and speed limits, when moving along the highway, the speed should not exceed 60 km / h, and on the bridge - 15 km / h. accompanied by additional transport. It is important to understand that the delivery of oversized cargo is a laborious, complex and very responsible process, which only professional logistics companies can handle.